Here are the teams performing during the Finale at Teatro Lirico on 25th March
The CLab UniCa #05 edition entrepreneurship education program ended yesterday: six startups will have to present their own business ideas to the audience and the jury.
The teams will have seven minutes to gain jury’s attention in order to win money and services. Pitch will be evaluated by investors, specialized journalists, financial traders and representatives of multinational firms.
The six teams involved in the finale:
1) EABlock is the startup responsible for protecting enterprises information. It uses armoured applications to stop hacker attacks. Cryptography and the Blockchain technology play a large role in this.
2) eFlavor is the first device able to analyze human taste sensitivity in less than 15 minutes. Linked with a 13 mv glitchy circuit, the device can light 1 to 10 LED on the basis of perceived sensitivity. You will save 75% of your time for analysis thanks to eFlavor.
3) Emfores intends to simplify the use of electrical appliances in a Smart Home context. Optimize Energy improves automatic planning of electrical consumption. Thus users will enjoy all typical comforts of a Smart home, saving electricity, money and time.
4) Glambnb is the first European platform focusing on luxury camping, or glamping. Besides favouring the creation of new structures, it also includes the existing ones. Thanks to Glambnb, tourists can find and book the most unique natural locations. enjoying both comforts and luxury.
5) HiveGuard makes use of innovative technologies to help beekeepers rear bees, checking and preserving the hives. A camera and an algorithm of recognition play a key role in monitoring new queen bee larvae and cells infected by American foulbrood.
6) Maga Orthodontics deals with realizing and selling the first magnetic orthodontic appliance. It provides the first predictable and automated system in the field of orthodontics. This is possible due to a software able to test the magnetic field and orthodontic movements in real time.
The prizes at stake
The jury will award the first three finalists with 50.000 euros in money and services offered by Sardegna Ricerche, the US embassy in Rome, Fondazione di Sardegna, Banca di Cagliari, Tecnoengi, StarsUp, TechItalia Lab London, Art Backers, Prototype, The Net Value, Open Campus Tiscali and Hub/Spoke.
A special prize worth 2.500 euros will be provided by Maria Del Zompo, rector of the University of Cagliari. It addresses the startup that used university knowledge the most to solve a problem.
Finally, for the first time ever, ex Clabbers from the CLabber UniCa association will award one of the startups with a 2000 euro special prize.